I am leaving in a few minutes for Parent/Teacher conferences and I am very nervous. Sammy's teacher thinks I am a freak because I don't let him go on the field trips and stuff. She talks to me like I am a small child when it comes to that. "I was thinking Mrs. Covert that now might be a good time to let Sammy go with his friends". "If you keep him close to you, you are not sharing his gifts with the world".
So, I have to tell her that we will not be sending him to school there next year and I am worried of what she will say. Also, I have to tell her that he can only go on the field trip if his dad can come and oh yeah by the way, his dad doesn't want to chaperon any other children. OHHHHHHHH! We are freaks! She is going to think we are nuts. Steve doesn't feel comfortable watching another child other than Sammy. Oh Goodness. This should be fun.
Then I need to hear all about how he is doing etc. Probably the only easy part. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Click Below to Read my Published Articles
- Dramatic Play Box: High School Musical
- Dramatic Play Box: Star Wars
- Dramatic Play Box: Hannah Montana
- Home Daycare is Better
- Homemade Gifts Using Your Child's Hand Article
- Starting a Home Daycare Article
- Home Daycare Contract Article
- Baby Ball Fun Article
- Bachelor Prediction Article
- Creative Stocking Stuffers Article
- Hannah Montana Birthday Party Article
- Packing for Disney to Save Money Article
- How to Produce a Thomas the Tank Birthday Party
- Mommy Poem
- Poem for my Grandma
- Baby Product Article
- How to Produce a Star Wars Birthday Party
- Global Warming Article
- Treating Your Children Equally Article
- Anti-Christian Article About Survivor
- Al Gore Article
- Discipline Article
- Breastfeeding Article
- Teaching Before Preschool Article
- Survivor China Article
4 comments:
Just be yourself and stick with what you believe to be right. At the end of the day you and Steve are the ones who are ultimately responsible for him.
Ditto what Lura said! Stick with what you believe is right. You, and only you know what is best for your children.
It's always best to listen to your heart and instincts....I don't blame Steve at all for not wanting to be alone with the other kids, he has to protect himself too. Shawn feels the same way about that, he would never be left alone with my daycare kids either. Men especially have to be careful with that. Sammy is still young, so I understand your reservations, but as he gets older, just pray alot and try to trust that God will protect him and watch over him, that always helps me.
So, how did the conference go???
Post a Comment