ey yi yi...how do you even spell that? Eye Yie Yie??
Goodness me...things are a bit crazy here. I wanna put it all on here except I have so little time.
Steve has found nothing lately in terms of a job. He had a good lead but so far he hasn't heard anything. It is getting harder for him to be here everyday. I loved the extra help at first with taking Samuel to school. But, now it is hard to be OVERLY busy and he is not.
We have so many big decisions to make. We are considering so many options right now. It is hard to figure out what we should do, ya know? Part of me believes that he lost his job so we could make our big move..like starting a business or whatever. I also feel like now is the worst time for that. We throw ideas around constantly and we are always listening to any ideas people have for us. Steve and I both agree that if the right business idea found us, we would sink half our savings into making it happen.
We have a few good ideas....based on our location (which is a great one by the way for a small business) and based on the people we have close to us that we can trust etc. My friend Kim who I talk to everyday, lives 6 blocks from us and she would help us if we needed her. She is at a point as well where she wants change. I would trust my life with her and people like that are hard to come by.
Covert Creations is still doing very well and has gotten a huge jolt since people saw spring right around the corner. If we do a brick and mortar business, it would at least be in part with photography.
Here are a few loose ideas for places near our house that we could lease:
MY FAVORITE!!! Covert Creations Photography and Creative Services:
I changed "images at the end to services". This would be a place for creativity. We would have a medium room for a photography studio, an office to meet photography clients and to organize all photography jobs. The main part would be a classroom/store. We will sell everything we could that encourages creativity...especially when it comes to children. We would sell kids craft kits...where the mom literally pulls out the supplies and helps the kids make the crafts. Those would be in just plastic bags. We would sell paint, paper, all kinds of glues. The biggest portion of the business, though would be classes, classes, classes. We would have day classes, night classes, Saturday classes. We would have birthday parties there with art classes for kids. We would do photography classes for kids, stamping classes for kids. We would do photo shop classes for adults. Whatever is popular at the time would be what we would teach. I thought a kids scrap booking class was a great idea too. We would also have all night scrap parties for adults with door prizes and demos. Classes usually cost around 10-15 dollars a person and most places book 10-12 people a class. So, that would be around $120 for an hour and a half or so. That is if we booked every class. We would also have all day photo shoots in the studio. We would do Easter Pictures with a live bunny, Santa pictures at Christmas etc.
I thought one of the things we would have is a package called something like Birthday Diva where young girls dress up for a photo shoot with different outfits etc. We could even offer a package where they bring all their girlfriends. They would get the experience and the CD with all their pictures to remember the day. We would never have to worry about having a studio space again.
The other Big idea is a doggie daycare/grooming/portrait business. We would run a doggie daycare but have services for grooming and pet portraits as well. Kim would be our expert on that since she worked in the vet field for so long. She also has great connections to vets in the area and animal services that might be a help in advertising.
But, who quits, who works? I am currently making 30K a year staying home with my kids. It is all just so much to think about. If Steve got a great job, it would work for me to do this. WHO KNOWS!!!
Another thing on my mind....
Then I have issues with not having enough space to accommodate new babies being born into my center. A family in my center wants me to take their baby being born in April but I am full. We are considering going certified and then being able to take 12 kids...with an assistant. Steve might do it but doesn't want to. I am not sure I wanna have 12 kids in my house even with a helper. If I pay someone full time, I end up making the same as now with 6 kids. UGH!!!
So, we have so much going on. My latest thing is needing a helper this summer one day a week. I called a certain blogger to ask her about it but she was NOT HOME or answering her cell. I want to offer it to moms with one child. They would come to my house every Wed (or another day we set up) and go with me to a field trip to the zoo or museum every week. She could bring her child but would need to help me totally while we were out. She also would need to drive a couple kids in her car. Then, after we got home, she would leave. It would be around 5-6 hours every Wed. I would pay her $60 for it but that would also need to go towards their gas. I would pay for parking if we had it. So, that is on my mind too. I have extra kids coming this summer and need to be able to go on field trips as promised. I also need to be able to trust the person. I am certain I can find a mom who is home for the summer who would love to make a little extra money.
Well, thanks for letting me vent all that. It is so poorly written but I don't have time to change it.
CHOW COW!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Click Below to Read my Published Articles
- Dramatic Play Box: High School Musical
- Dramatic Play Box: Star Wars
- Dramatic Play Box: Hannah Montana
- Home Daycare is Better
- Homemade Gifts Using Your Child's Hand Article
- Starting a Home Daycare Article
- Home Daycare Contract Article
- Baby Ball Fun Article
- Bachelor Prediction Article
- Creative Stocking Stuffers Article
- Hannah Montana Birthday Party Article
- Packing for Disney to Save Money Article
- How to Produce a Thomas the Tank Birthday Party
- Mommy Poem
- Poem for my Grandma
- Baby Product Article
- How to Produce a Star Wars Birthday Party
- Global Warming Article
- Treating Your Children Equally Article
- Anti-Christian Article About Survivor
- Al Gore Article
- Discipline Article
- Breastfeeding Article
- Teaching Before Preschool Article
- Survivor China Article
5 comments:
I like your ideas. Why can't you combine the ideas and include pets but maybe do the pets at another place - like your home, or the person's home or something.
Sorry I wasn't home to get your call. Wow, $60 is a lot of money - I was going to do it for free, but hey, whatever....
LOL - Seriously though, I know I'm not the blogger you were talking about. I'd help you out this summer if I lived closer! :)
Isn't it wonderful though that you have people lining up outside your door for you to watch their kids??! That's great. I mean, I remember you needing more kids and now you are full and bursting! That has to be wonderful for you. I think it would be tough to hire someone to help you full time and lose that money, even if you could add more kids. Plus you would have to meet certain requirements if you were certified, right? And do you really want to deal with the stress of someone inspecting your home and watching you care for the children? Not that you wouldn't pass, but you know what I mean.... Just a thought.
On the subject of my blog - I think it moderated you because the post was over 14 days old. I posted today though. So go check it! :)
Have a superb evening! (I have wanted to use that word all day - superb!!)
Oh and I am NOT a cow!
You are a hoot Charity.
Yes, I would have new rules and would get a pop in visit once a year and a scheduled visit once a year. Right now, there are no visits.
I do remember the time I needed to fill a spot. I worried for nothing becase I filled it before the other child left I think.
My friend Kim gets all the kids I can't take but she is full too now.
We looked at an amazing space last night to rent but we are scared to take the step. Once Steve gets a job, we might be more willing.
I am so sorry I am just now reading this! From reading all of your ideas, the one that I like the best is the Covert Creations and Creative Services. The birthday party thing is very appealing and I would definitely book a party. That is my vote! Of course you have a lot to think about and consider, but I think that sounds absolutely wonderful!
Your ideas for the business sound great. I wish I could be your helper. Summer is always so hard for me to be away from my kids while at work. I want to be taking them places and having fun with them!!!
Post a Comment