Ah, it is so quiet here. We went to the museum all day (from 10-4) and every child is sacked out on my couch. Not bad! Well, Sawyer went with his daddy to his grandparent's house to be the "only" child again this week. Sammy is now involved in boy's club on Thursday nights and I , of course, teach Sunbeams so that leaves Sawzy and daddy.
I have quit my low-carb diet for a "low calorie and fat" diet just for now. I simply can't afford it. Crys helped me come to the conclusion that I wasn't eating much of anything because I didn't have the "special" foods on hand. It was hard to keep them here all the time. I ate them so fast. I am going to write out a plan this weekend and start anew on Monday so not to gain back my 15-20 pounds lost. I was so miserable.
Well, last week for the first time in our marriage, we were broke. I mean broke. I hate to actually say this but I had to eat out of our pantry and fridge and not buy groceries. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED! The good news is that we had a lot in there (no low in carbs though). Our kids didn't starve and we never ran out of milk....(or salami...Sammy's main food). It is just such a hard pill to swallow for me. I hope something good comes from it. My son loves pizza and he doesn't get it anymore because of money. Since we didn't pay for a single meal on Easter due to the family gatherings, we ordered pizza. It was so amazing to see Sammy that excited. I felt like I had missed out on seeing him that thankful for 20 bucks worth of food. Maybe Lura has something with all this simple living talk. It was cute seeing him so happy. He couldn't wait for it to arrive. He was used to getting pizza several times a month. On Sunday, it had been months!
Well, I started this post before Sunbeams and now it is after Sunbeams. My girls played gym games with the older boys tonight. They are totally different beasts when you get them around boys. Goodness gracious. More tomorrow!!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Click Below to Read my Published Articles
- Dramatic Play Box: High School Musical
- Dramatic Play Box: Star Wars
- Dramatic Play Box: Hannah Montana
- Home Daycare is Better
- Homemade Gifts Using Your Child's Hand Article
- Starting a Home Daycare Article
- Home Daycare Contract Article
- Baby Ball Fun Article
- Bachelor Prediction Article
- Creative Stocking Stuffers Article
- Hannah Montana Birthday Party Article
- Packing for Disney to Save Money Article
- How to Produce a Thomas the Tank Birthday Party
- Mommy Poem
- Poem for my Grandma
- Baby Product Article
- How to Produce a Star Wars Birthday Party
- Global Warming Article
- Treating Your Children Equally Article
- Anti-Christian Article About Survivor
- Al Gore Article
- Discipline Article
- Breastfeeding Article
- Teaching Before Preschool Article
- Survivor China Article
5 comments:
I need to renew my museum pass so we can go this summer, and my zoo pass. Ryan wants to go to both.
i am not going to renew my zoo pass...we hardly go. i am going to renew my museum pass when it expires in 2 weeks.
I'd rather have a museum pass over the Zoo pass too. The Zoo has so many hills, it wears me out! ha ha
Good Luck on the new diet! It is working wonderfully for Lura. I completely understand the broke thing. Sean and I feel that God has great plans for us in the future and we are trying to learn what we can from having no money! I think I'd rather learn something else!!!
I think I would like both zoo and museum passes! I LOVE the zoo, you get a good workout by going up those hills CRYSTAL!
Post a Comment