Thursday, July 29, 2010

Whew Wee, crazy weeks. I have photoshoots coming out of my photoshoots.

I am shooting at Parky's farm this Saturday for a birthday party. I am a little nervous with outdoor lighting there because of the harsh sun and lack of trees around the ponies where I will be. I will have to get creative with it I suppose. I hope I don't get kicked by the horse trying to get a good shot. Wouldn't that be something?

Still no job for Steve. We are keeping our chins up about it though. We paid school off for this coming year and our van is almost paid off. I have made up for all of Steve's salary difference from unemployment with photography so far. So, we will see.

I have a friend (who has never read this blog..) who left her husband 2 weeks ago. It was tough. It was especially tough because I am friends with both of them. I was kinda relieved when he cancelled his Facebook. She sent me a text a few weeks before her baby was born saying she needed to leave him. Then, when I contacted her through IM, she said that he had gotten very verbally abusive and was now hitting her. She said it was not enough to hurt the baby but that the stress was too much for the baby. She ended up delivering early and the baby weighed 4 pounds. She is so sweet though and healthy. Then I got a text saying she was gone. I am struggling so much with how much I should help her with money. Only because I am worried also about us in the future. Obviously, a few bucks won't help her much right now. She needs full funding!! She does have others helping and she has every intention of trying to reconcile her marriage. She just needed to get out before he hurt her or the baby. It was so sad. She is such a hard working woman who just graduated college (she went back). So, I am praying about that and how I can help. She has only been married a year this past April. So, the wedding pictures haven't even all been ordered. It is sad.

I am so thankful for how much I am still learning with photography. I can see a difference with every shoot. I am always learning something new. We changed our pricing now with CC so I should feel a little less stressed. I changed how many pics I will edit. I couldn't bring myself to take less but SOMEONE very smart thought of the idea to edit less not take less. That way I still have back ups. Best advice I got. You know who you are SMARTY PANTS. So, we made several changes based on our 8 panel research group..ha. They gave me their ideas and I figured it out finally. So, thank you to all who helped. I truly believe that by the time my kids graduate from high school, I will be really great at photography to the point of being able to do only that and have vacations and stuff with my family which would be amazing. I never get time off with this job.

That is it for now!! Have a great August..almost.

18 comments:

Carrie said...

Parky's Farm will be a good learning experience. You will do great.

I have you & Steve in my thoughts. I hope he can find a job really soon.

That's got to be so tough for your friend. Having a new baby is hard & stressful regardless of how strong your marriage is, so I can't imagine if there are problems before the baby is born. I hope they are able to reconcile & he gets help.

Char said...

Hey!
I will post something soon. And comment on this post.
We've been out of town since Tuesday night, so I wasn't ignoring you, I just wasn't home. :-) Glad you missed me.

Char said...

I hope the shoot went well on Saturday. It sounds like you will be able to get really creative. It will also be a good opportunity to learn more about lighting and such, I suppose.

I'm so glad your photo business is doing so well and that you aren't missing Steve's salary too much. I sincerely hope he finds work soon.

Sorry about your friend. It sounds like a horrible situation. That really stinks that the wedding just happened and the pics aren't ordered. :(

I'm glad you figured out your new pricing. I know I'm the SOMEONE SMARTY PANTS, so you are welcome. LOL! :) It will be nice when it can be your full time career and you'll be able to stop babysitting and have some time off.

I'm not ready for August!!! When does Samuel go back to school? Ugh!

Amy said...

Awesome news about the photography business. I bet you will be able to do it full-time before high school! I'll keep Steve in my prayers for a new job.

Amy said...

Awesome news about the photography business! I bet you will be able to do it full-time before high school. I will keep Steve in my prayers for a new job.

Char said...

Go read my blog post! Please! It's lonely!

Char said...

Sonya - I know you are very busy. Try and post when you get a chance. :)

Lura said...

I was feeling sorry for this lonely blog post with no comments. Now it has one. :p

Amy said...

Time for a new post :) I finally posted again!

Char said...

test

Anonymous said...

I will try commenting and not signing in and see if it works.
~Charity

Anonymous said...

Ok, so if i do it anonymously it'll work. Great! Well, atleast it'll work now. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so where are the first day of school pictures and a full report on how it all went?
~Charity

Char said...

I am signed in this time. Let's see if it works.

Char said...

Yippeee!
oh well.
miss your blog posts.

Char said...

I keep coming here, hoping to find something new, but again NUTTIN!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

SERIOUSLY...July!! time to post!

Char said...

It's almost December. Your blog is lonely. So is mine.