Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello everyone!
We got bad news one week ago. Steve lost his job again. It was totally not his fault. He started the last part of March and within a few weeks, his boss was fired. Then, last week they announced that they were shutting down both Cincinnati warehouses and that everyone would be gone. They offered him a job in PA but of course that wouldn't work. The big guy who came in to tell them, explained that his former boss (the fired guy) didn't do things very well and they weren't even aware of all the problems. So, here we are again.
I feel pretty good about it overall. I worry of course about the long term effects. I worry about my marriage which has already become weak by the pressures of the things in life besides money. I worry about adding more work load to me when I am already overwhelmed. I worry about our children and especially their education which I could not happier with and want to afford for years to come. So, there is worry but I do feel that MOST of my choices have been with my eyes set on God and His desires so I will be okay. Steve and I talked a little bit about our issues yesterday and I feel like I know now what our big difference is. Even though I feel totally different than he does about where my energies should be focused while my babies are little, I have to start giving him more of me which is all he wants. So, I am making an effort to do it regardless of my own selfish desires. I know we can live like this for years to come as I do not believe either of us would give up on our marriage, but we don't have to. I need to give my husband more of what I give to others. It is that simple. I am starting today...or tomorrow. No, today. Well, last night at 2 flippin am...ha.
Photography is doing well and I still have not advertised in about 9 months. Even then it was once or twice on craigslist.
I have been reading blogs like mad but apparently I am the only one. You all need to update.
Well, that is all for today....thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Char said...

Howdy!
I'm sorry about Steve's job. Hoping he finds something very soon. You have a good attitude about it all, that's for sure.
Hubbies need out attention too! It is a juggling act.
Glad the photography is going so well. The pictures are very nice. Creative. Fun.
I've blogged a couple times this week, I think. Maybe not. I don't know. But I did this morning. Go read. ;0

kellerie said...

That stinks about Steve's job. Maybe this can be an opportunity to expand your photography business?

It is very hard to strike a balance between kids and husband. Brian and I went through that a few years ago. I think it's hard for husbands to see us devote so much love to another person, even if it is a child. It's an issue we're still working on, too.

Carrie said...

Im sorry about Steve's job. How devastating. I will pray he finds something soon.

I will pray for your marriage as well. Its easy to get caught up in things and take the ones we love and care about the most for granted. Not saying you did that, but speaking about myself!

That is so exciting you havent advertised in 9 months!

I posted too!

Amy said...

I will post soon - I have a post started, just need to finish it! So sorry to hear about Steve's job - that sucks. I'll keep you in my prayers. I struggle with dividing my time between the kids and Gary too. One day I will find the right balance!

Char said...

Hello again.

Lura said...

Glad you're giving more to your husband. Even if it is at 2 am. :)