We have a bunch of weekends booked for Great Wolf Lodge and I am excited about that.
I am so excited to have a day off a month. It has gone so well. I have spent so much more time in Samuel's class and I came to a big conclusion. I love that school!!!!! It took me actually being there to know it. I love the parents, the kids, the teachers...I love it. I cannot tell you how much I am sure that is where we are supposed to be. I know next year he will have a new teacher but I am hoping that we like her. I couldn't stand his teacher this year at first and the feeling was mutual. Well, on the field trip, she said in front of 3 other mothers that she wished I could just stay with her because I was so much help. WHOO WEE!! I felt awesome. I was so glad that we saw each other for what we really were/are.
I think of my homeschooling stint now and I wanna be sick. In hind sight, it was the worst move for me. I just had no idea!! There are days that I still feel like I do homeschool since I listen to or read 10 books plus a week to Samuel for school. We are talking seriously long books too. We also make him go over everything he missed on worksheets and tests from school. We review things every night. I think I might do as much as I did when I homeschooled. The best part is that he gets to go during the day and feel like he is doing things on his own. There is no doubt that, for me, homeschool hurt my son in some areas. He learned a ton, don't get me wrong, but he just needed to be social, to have a teacher and to be himself more. He just flourishes there.
Last year or the year before, I went to the public school that Samuel would have gone to. You guys probably remember. I went for a carnival. Well, for the most part I was horrified at the behavior of a lot of parents and even of the kids. I can honestly say that it is SOOOO different at St. Joes. I would say that if anything the parents appear too perfect, too put together for reality. But, I love that they are very professional around the kids. I love the kids too. There are 3-5 in Samuel's class that are outright bad. But, they are dealt with in such a professional way. I found a couple of them hard to deal with at the field trip. I was a little ill prepared for how bad this one girl could be. I was trying to deal with her when I felt something on my shoulder. It was a gorgeous momma in fancy shoes pulling me back to set that little girl straight. I laughed out loud. She has obviously had experience with this little blessing.
I love that St. Joes has only one class per grade so the children will grow up together. Samuel has made very nice friends. He was able to invite 3 to a special weekend at Great Wolf and he had a hard time picking just 3. I love the way the parents speak to the children like they know them so well. They do know them so well. It is like the parents all have such interest in all the kids.
Samuel loves that the kids love me. I am not sure why they are so into me at this point. I think it is the newness. We had to decide that I would sit alone in the bus because so many wanted to sit with me. They are so cute. It was all girls of course. They are obsessed with my breasts and ask me how I got them so big, what kind of bra holds them up that good and why my bra strap shows so much...ha. I was cracking up at them. Most of them have teeny tiny moms!!
We had considered having Samuel go in to the 4th grade next year instead of 3rd but there is no way I would now. I want him to stay with these kids. I also know that he will be challenged no matter where he is in that school. They have a woman who is in charge of that. She kinda gets on my nerves though. I asked her this simple question at open house. I said "How do you decide when a child needs to come out of their classroom during reading?" She said and no I am not kidding, "You would be surprised how many moms think their kids are the smartest alive. You might be surprised to see that a lot of St. Joes students are also smart". I swear I must have had question marks shooting out of my ears, mouth..every where. Our tour guide (also the dad of one of Smauel's friends) stepped right in and said that he didn't think I was suggesting any of that. When we walked away, he laughed and apologized for her. So, now when I see her, I always say to Samuel that I don't like her. He laughs and says that she is very nice.
I have so many things i wanna tell you but I have so little time. Remind me to tell you about 31...I can't wait.
This weekend, my bestest buddy on the planet is coming to see me. She wrote a few weeks ago that she needed to see me soon that she was getting stressed. So, we are putting her family up at the Great Wolf Lodge this weekend. We will be going there to see her tomorrow. I am so excited! Because she is a pastor, they are leaving Saturday night to drive home.
I am excited about Carrie having her baby. I am doing her infant shoot at the hospital so hopefully she will post the pics from that. Baby Stella, we are excited to meet you and kiss your little head!!!
I can't go to her shower because i have a college reunion day planned. My husband hasn't said a word yet but he has to be sick of my social life lately. Bewteen school events, HS friends getting together, college reunions, church girlfriends and photo shoots I am here less and less. I love it though. I am so happy and so thankful for my incredible life.
Well I hope this makes a certain woman happy. It is a blog post with substance isn't it???
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Click Below to Read my Published Articles
- Dramatic Play Box: High School Musical
- Dramatic Play Box: Star Wars
- Dramatic Play Box: Hannah Montana
- Home Daycare is Better
- Homemade Gifts Using Your Child's Hand Article
- Starting a Home Daycare Article
- Home Daycare Contract Article
- Baby Ball Fun Article
- Bachelor Prediction Article
- Creative Stocking Stuffers Article
- Hannah Montana Birthday Party Article
- Packing for Disney to Save Money Article
- How to Produce a Thomas the Tank Birthday Party
- Mommy Poem
- Poem for my Grandma
- Baby Product Article
- How to Produce a Star Wars Birthday Party
- Global Warming Article
- Treating Your Children Equally Article
- Anti-Christian Article About Survivor
- Al Gore Article
- Discipline Article
- Breastfeeding Article
- Teaching Before Preschool Article
- Survivor China Article
7 comments:
Very nice post. Thank you.
HAHAHA!! I bet you thought that is all I'd say, didn't you?? haha. Oh I just crack myself up.
I'm SOOO glad you are happy with Samuel's school and teacher. That is wonderful. I'm glad he is just as happy too. That makes life so much easier for you all.
What is 31? I'm reminding you to blog about it.
That is funny about the girls asking about your breasts. haha. I'm glad they all like you. You are kind of "like" them though, ya know. Fun, happy, nice, goofy, laughing - you draw people to you and kids love people who are like that. So of course they love you.
Have fun this weekend seeing your bestest buddy. That is so nice of you to be there for her. I know I would really appreciate a friend like that!! Do you get good deals at GWL? I've looked it up and it's too steep for my checkbook right now. I'd love a nice special or something. I'm sure it's worth every cent and I'd love it once we went though. I was thinking of planning something sometime next winter. We'll see. Have fun on your weekends!! That is great!!!
I'm excited to see what Stella will look like. Carrie is so pretty and cute pregnant (not pregnant too, but you know what I mean). I'm looking forward to the infant shots you take.
That's great you have a good social life. I'm sure your husband benefits by having a happy wife. Ya know. :)
Have a great evening.
I truly believed you butt face!! I was like NO SHE DIDN'T!!
I love that you wrote a whole blog post back to me in my comment section. How nice is that??
I get a deep deep discount at GWL. My friend from high school works there. She is the assistant director.
You are sweet for saying I am like children. It's okay, I see what you are saying..SM.
When you are ready to go to GWL in the winter, let me know and I will try and help you out. I can book the room in my name and meet you there Friday night and give you the keys. You wouldn't need me again all weekend. You can just send me a check to cover the room. Send me an email and I will give you the prices! And the rooms are the deluxe ones too..it is wonderful.
As far as me beign there for Jody..it is totally a 2 way street. She is one of the first friends I can truly say gives to me as much as I give to her. She is the best.
I wish I was happy allt he time because I go out a lot. I actually think I am more stressed when I have every day filled on the calendar. I just feel bad saying no because then they say that they all won't go. Ugh, I hate that. They want all of us usually. Crazy.
Well, I promise to write a big fat comment on your next post!
And you are a butt face but I love ya! You almost had us breaking up again..good thing you came back..ha.
I am still laughing over the breasts part! How funny! I think it is great that you are so comfortable there. I have trouble going to the kids schools because I feel so awkward. I need to get over my shyness!!!!
I am glad you are happy with the school. It really does sound like the ideal place for Samuel. It is thrilling to watch kids grow and learn!
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend with your bff! She sounds very special!!
oh yeah, what is 31??
Carrie:
We are planning on going to GWL for my bday (a week before I'm due ahh) I will post tomorrow, well technically today...anyways...Samuel's school sounds wonderful. It sounds exactly what I want for Olivia. The girls talking about your boobies is really funny. Who would think 7 year old girls would be so interested!
Your social life sounds very busy, but that is good. That is so great you have so many weddings booked too. Its amazing what word of mouth can do.
GWL is super fun Carrie as you know. I think the rooms are so relaxing.
I think the boob thing is simply because their mommies have little ones. They just see the difference probably.
I will do my 31 post when I get back from GWL.
Amanda, I foudn that the key at school is totally being yourself. As soon as I did that, i fit right in with the kids.
Post a Comment